Deliveries Returned to Us
Occasionally a parcel will be returned to us for one of the following reasons:
A card was left but the recipient did not pick up the package from the post office or newsagent.
- The recipient is not known at that address or has moved.
- The address details are incorrect or insufficient.
- The delivery was refused.
- There was no access to a secure building or complex.
- The recipient was in a hotel and has been discharged or checked out.
- The courier could not contact the recipient and there was nowhere safe to leave the parcel.
- If a parcel has an incorrect address, our couriers are unable to call the recipient to verify, and instead the parcel will be returned to us.
We will inform you via email within three business days of the parcel being returned to us. An applicable redelivery fee will apply, to facilitate the delivery of the parcel to the same or an alternative address. Orders returned to us for any of the reasons mentioned above cannot be cancelled and refunded.
Parcels cannot be redirected while in transit and will need to be returned to us before being sent to the new/correct address.
Change of mind
All our products are personalised items that are customised to your specifications, so there is no possibility to change the item. So please choose carefully when picking your own product.
As a natural material, rock photo frame will have slight variations in colour, shape and imperfections, making your item unique.
If your item is faulty, please follow steps as listed above under ‘If the gift arrives damaged or is faulty’.
If the gift arrives damaged or is faulty
At Get Your Own we do everything to ensure that your gift arrives in perfect condition, however occasionally deliveries do sustain damage in transit or a product may be faulty. If you receive a gift that is not in perfect condition, please follow these steps:
- Take photos of the damage (if visible) and send them to email@example.com so that we may assess the damage*
- If no damage is visible or if the item is faulty or not as described on our website, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us know how you would like the return to be processed:
- Exchange for another item
- Store credit
- Refund to the original card or PayPal account used
- We will email you a paid return shipping label for you to print, attach to the parcel and take to the nearest post office
- We will email you once the item has arrived back with us and the return has been processed
The return must be received within 30 days of the original date of dispatch.
*Damaged or faulty items are assessed on a case by case basis, hence the importance of sending photos. Depending on the extent of the damage.
Standard Delivery – FREE for orders over $100
Standard delivery is FREE for orders $100 or over.
Standard delivery may up to 3 business days for dispatch – we are not able to guarantee a specific delivery date with standard shipping. Delivery estimates from the day of dispatch:
- NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC metro: 2-4 business days
- SA and TAS metro: 4-6 business days
- WA, NT metro: 6-10 business days
- All regional areas: add 1-2 business days to metro estimates (deliveries may be made to the closest post office for some regional locations)
Deliveries are made during business hours Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Requests for delivery on specific days cannot be guaranteed when standard shipping is selected, however we will always do our best to aim for delivery on the requested date.
Orders to multiple addresses and multiple orders to one address are regarded as separate orders and will incur a delivery cost of $11.95 if under $100.
Premium Delivery – Guaranteed Delivery On Requested Date
- Guaranteed delivery on your requested day for $18.95.
- Available for Sydney, Canberra, Woollongong, Newcastle, Gosford, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Adelaide, Perth.
- Not available to PO Box or Parcel Locker addresses.
Next Day Delivery – All Major Cities
- Available for Sydney, Canberra, Woollongong, Newcastle, Gosford, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Adelaide, Perth for $18.95.
- Orders placed before 1pm (Sydney AEST) Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) will be delivered on the following business day.
- Only available to choose at checkout prior to 1pm AEST on business days.
- Not available to PO Box or Parcel Locker addresses.
Express Delivery – Regional Locations
- Available to areas outside of major cities for $22.95.
- The majority of express orders placed before 1pm (Sydney AEST) Monday to Friday are delivered the following business day, however this is not guaranteed.
- Deliveries to some regional locations may take 2-4 business days for delivery and deliveries may be made to the closest post office.
- Requests for delivery on specific days cannot be guaranteed when express delivery is selected, however we will always do our best to aim for delivery on the requested date.
Special Delivery Instructions
- The special delivery instructions field on the checkout page is for specific instructions for the courier that are printed on the label (eg. deliver to the second floor and leave with reception, leave behind the pot plant near the front door).
- Our couriers are unable to call or text recipients prior to delivery, to confirm an address, or upon an unsuccessful delivery.
Authority to Leave
The option is given at checkout in comments as to whether or not the parcel can to be left if no one is available to receive it.
If authority to leave is given and no one is available to receive the delivery, our courier will leave the parcel in a relatively secure location unattended at the address.
If the parcel cannot be left at the address, our courier will leave a card with instructions as to how to pick up or arrange redelivery
In order to ensure that someone will be present during business hours, and to avoid redelivery fees, it is highly recommended to send the parcel to a business address.
- Please note that redelivery fees may apply for any deliveries that need to be reattempted.
- Please note that when authority to leave has been given, Get Your Own and our couriers cannot accept responsibility or liability on the rare occasion that a consignment is lost or stolen after our couriers have recorded the package as ‘successfully delivered’.